ARE YOU ADAPTIVE? We’re driving groundbreaking research in cancer and other immune-mediated diseases that translates into novel clinical diagnostics and innovative therapeutics. We are at the forefront of immune-based discoveries, transforming the future state of health through our disruptive, proprietary immunosequencing technology. With strong financial footing and rapid growth, we are looking for the brightest, most passionate and collaborative innovators to join us.
At Adaptive, you'll be challenged, you'll be inspired, and you'll be proud to be part of an innovative organization making a real impact on improving the quality of life globally. No matter what your role is, you'll find a diverse, team-driven, fun culture where your contributions truly count. #BeingAdaptive
The Accessioning General Supervisor provides day-to-day supervision of accessioning personnel and regulated laboratory accessioning in a CLIA/CAP-certified, high complexity, clinical molecular testing facility. This position reports to the Project Manager, Accessioning.
- Provides day-to-day supervision of all Accessioning Personnel at Adaptive Biotechnology’s Production Laboratory operation:
- Responsible for supervision of accessioning personnel including scheduling and performance management
- Provides orientation for new Accessioning employees and ensures training occurs in a timely manner
- Ensures all personnel are competent to perform accessioning procedures and that competency is maintained per required regulations for all procedures employees perform
- Responsible for the accurate and timely performance of all biological sample management procedures in support of clinical and other production sample processing in Adaptive Biotechnology’s Production Laboratory operation:
- Ensure clinical accessioning is performed according to documented laboratory procedures and best practices, and prioritized in order to meet or exceed TAT goals
- Ensure all other production accessioning is completed within required timelines and per documented Work Orders, Analytical Plans or Protocols
- Ensure that non-conformances are appropriately documented and escalated to the Clinical Laboratory Director or their designee, and that appropriate remedial actions occur in order to maintain acceptable levels of analytic performance, and ensure that accurate patient test results are being generated
- Act as the primary cross-functional liaison with teams that interact directly with the Accessioning team and larger Biological Sample Management group.
- Ensure that samples are managed in accordance to retention and disposal procedures including returns, discards, and overall management.
- Ensures accessioning personnel are competent to perform sample management procedures and tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Creates, maintains and modifies accessioning schedule; plans and manages time for self and team to ensure tasks and deadlines are met
- Understands all workflows within accessioning, as well as familiarity with processes that impact biological sample management workflows
- Makes recommendations to improve processes and assists with implementing new ones; clearly understands reasoning behind procedures
- Demonstrates ability to identify when a Nonconformance, Deviation or CA/PA is necessary, and appropriately escalate issues that could impact quality of patient testing/test results or sample integrity.
- Anticipates and prevents errors from occurring; assists in pinpointing root causes of errors and identifying solutions
- Stands behind decisions and takes accountability for their actions
- Provides clear and effective communication to Accessioning employees to ensure they are well informed about topics that impact their work, and patient testing
- Exhibits and influences desired professional and interpersonal conduct and brings issues to the attention of laboratory management when appropriate
- Addresses behavioral issues with direct reports promptly and professionally; corrects and/or prevents problematic team issues before they occur
- Displays ability to communicate effectively to the team, and to teams that interact with the Accessioning Laboratory; develops and presents material at group meetings, and may present at intragroup meetings
- Able to collaborate across teams while ensuring the right balance between collaboration and effective working practices
- Creates a productive and professional culture; holds other team members accountable to industry best practices
- Exhibits a high level of professional integrity and sound judgement; proactively obtains manager/director approval when needed
- Exemplifies good judgment and clinical integrity