ARE YOU ADAPTIVE? We’re driving groundbreaking research in cancer and other immune-mediated diseases that translates into novel clinical diagnostics and innovative therapeutics. We are at the forefront of immune-based discoveries, transforming the future state of health through our disruptive, proprietary immunosequencing technology. With strong financial footing and rapid growth, we are looking for the brightest, most passionate and collaborative innovators to join us.
At Adaptive, you'll be challenged, you'll be inspired, and you'll be proud to be part of an innovative organization making a real impact on improving the quality of life globally. No matter what your role is, you'll find a diverse, team-driven, fun culture where your contributions truly count.
Adaptive’s Diagnostics Key Account Manager is responsible for growing and developing the clonoSEQ business in strategic academic and NCI-sponsored accounts, leveraging account-specific business plans to define opportunities, and establishing plans to deepen and expand the credibility of Adaptive. Successful Key Account Managers work in close collaboration with Clinical Services, Managed Markets, Marketing, Medical Affairs, and Legal. The successful candidate will utilize cross-functional support to generate sales through strategic and tactical activities, coordinate appropriate customer support, and follow-through to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat usage of our flagship product clonoSEQ. Ideal candidates will possess a depth of knowledge in the oncology/hematology market, and functional knowledge in the clinical/scientific aspects of cancer diagnosis and treatment. Customer segments will focus on academic centers and hospital owned/affiliated community oncology.
The Key Account Manager reports to the Vice President, North American Strategic Accounts.
Territory: Central - Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri
- Establish effective territory strategies which further Adaptive’s goals in select targeted key accounts by developing account-specific business plans which prioritize and leverage internal resources
- Identify, develop, and maintain high-value relationships with KOLs, oncologist’s, hematologist’s, hospitals, and core labs
- Effectively build a short/medium/long term sales pipeline and manage the necessary levels of sales leads, prospects and opportunities
- Build a comprehensive knowledge of customers and prospects including the overall market, customer needs, personnel and responsibilities, budgeting, knowing their funding processes and the competition
- Demonstrate knowledge of, access to, and the ability to influence all key stakeholders in targeted accounts (Oncologists, BMT, Hematology Pathologist, Executive Leadership, Lab personnel, etc.)
- Attend identified relevant national/regional/local education meetings and conferences, maximizing opportunities at these events to deepen and expand the credibility of Adaptive
- Deliver compelling sales presentations: close initial business, follow-up and identify repeat business while building a network of referrals
- Facilitate negotiation of sales opportunities within company-established parameters, including associated purchase orders and/or quotations
- Participate in/facilitate educational programs, training and customer support efforts working with Adaptive’s internal partners (Clinical Services, Managed Markets, Marketing, Medical Affairs, etc.)
- Coordinate and communicate sales activities and strategies to management while defining resource requirements
- Develop and maintain all account/contact details within Customer Relationship Management database (SFDC)
- Utilize sales tracking tools to effectively monitor and direct customer purchase activities
- Provide regular and accurate sales forecast updates
- Satisfy all product and technology training requirements as established by management
- Comply with all Federal and State laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Adaptive’s activities
- Business travel by air, train, or car is required for regular internal and external business meetings