ARE YOU ADAPTIVE? Based in Seattle, Adaptive’s Antigen Map team is working jointly with Microsoft to develop an exciting new diagnostic platform. We will learn how to read the T cell repertoire by combining Adaptive’s core next generation TCR sequencing with cellular immunology assays to identify antigen-specific TCRs at an unprecedented scale, and utilize the power of machine learning to extend our understanding across trillions of TCRs. Our goal is to produce and deploy TCR-based diagnostics, and ultimately to map the universe of antigens recognized by human T cells to create a universal blood-based diagnostic. #BeingAdaptive
This position is responsible for building and operating a lab for high-throughput execution of Adaptive’s next-gen cell biology and immunology assays. Responsibilities include logistical flow and production planning of laboratory work, review of KPIs for efficient operations (e.g. throughput and unit costs), and interfacing with centralized supply chain, process engineering and sample management teams.
- Laboratory Management and Logistics
- Interfaces with Antigen Map research team to define specifications, testing and documentation required for production-ready assay(s) and improvements. Manages transition to production.
- Develops laboratory policies, procedures and performance standards to ensure efficiency and quality.
- Provides oversight of laboratory operations, logistics, and technical aspects for production throughput, interfacing with other cross-functional teams as required
- Establishes standards of performance and tracks KPIs related to laboratory efficiency, throughput, quality and cost-effectiveness.
- Directs development of new workflow and automation methods to drive efficiencies and cost.
- Quality Control and Assurance
- Oversees resolution of technical problems and ensures appropriate actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Works with quality team to ensure that quality assessment and quality control programs are established and maintained
- Verifies that acceptable analytical test performance metrics are established and maintained for each test system
- Proactively identifies means to streamline laboratory procedures and contain testing costs
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Responsible for hiring, training, managing and ensuring proper proficiency of production lab team.
- Organize training and development programs for laboratory and support staff.
- Interface with the Process Engineering, Biological Sample Management, and other high priority teams/initiatives.