ARE YOU ADAPTIVE? We’re driving groundbreaking research in cancer and other immune-mediated diseases that translates into novel clinical diagnostics and innovative therapeutics. We are at the forefront of immune-based discoveries, transforming the future state of health through our disruptive, proprietary immunosequencing technology. With strong financial footing and rapid growth, we are looking for the brightest, most passionate and collaborative innovators to join us.
At Adaptive, you'll be challenged, you'll be inspired, and you'll be proud to be part of an innovative organization making a real impact on improving the quality of life globally. No matter what your role is, you'll find a diverse, team-driven, fun culture where your contributions truly count. #BeingAdaptive
The VP, Compliance shall have oversight responsibility of all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation and maintenance of the organization's compliance program in accordance with applicable federal, state and any applicable international laws. Special emphasis shall be placed on healthcare compliance and data privacy including HIPAA and the GDPR. This shall include the maintenance of the company’s hotline, healthcare and data privacy compliance and code of conduct training, policy development, assistance in investigations and corrective and preventive actions, assistance in any data incidents and reporting, compliance program tracking, benchmarking, and reporting.
The VP, Compliance is a practical, commercially oriented, strategic business partner, who may function as the company’s data privacy officer. Adaptive approaches compliance in a matrixed manner with the VP, Compliance and the SVP, General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer having responsibility for compliance oversight, but with line and operational management responsible for maintaining compliance in their respective area of responsibility.
While the VP, Compliance should maintain general awareness and oversight, the position is not envisioned to be responsible for technical security or product issues, operations and monitoring, including firewalls, intrusion prevention and detection, etc., which shall remain with the IT department. The position also is not envisioned to assume responsibility for security of products such as code reviews, vulnerability and penetration testing, or technical vendor security which shall remain with IT.
- Builds and properly manages, a strategic and comprehensive privacy program that defines, develops, maintains and implements policies and processes that enable consistent, effective compliance practices.
- Works with organization senior management and Chief Compliance Officer to establish and maintain governance for the privacy program.
- Serves in a primary management and leadership role for healthcare and privacy compliance including HIPAA and the GDPR. Ensures delivery of appropriate training and that compliance requirements are properly disseminated, explained, and implemented.
- Collaborates with the security officer to ensure alignment between security and privacy compliance programs including policies, practices, investigations, and acts as a liaison to the information systems department.
- Performs or oversees initial and periodic information privacy risk assessment/analysis, mitigation and remediation. In collaboration with the General Counsel, reviews and assesses privacy incidents to assess breach notifications as applicable.
- Manages required breach determination and notification processes under applicable laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Works with line management and Human Resources to ensure consistent application of sanctions for compliance violations.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Serves as department resource for legal counsel regarding compliance issues, laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate compliance benchmarks, dashboards, and reporting.