ARE YOU ADAPTIVE? We’re driving groundbreaking research in cancer and other immune-mediated diseases that translates into novel clinical diagnostics and innovative therapeutics. We are at the forefront of immune-based discoveries, transforming the future state of health through our disruptive, proprietary immunosequencing technology. With strong financial footing and rapid growth, we are looking for the brightest, most passionate and collaborative innovators to join us.
At Adaptive, you'll be challenged, you'll be inspired, and you'll be proud to be part of an innovative organization making a real impact on improving the quality of life globally. No matter what your role is, you'll find a diverse, team-driven, fun culture where your contributions truly count. #BeingAdaptive
We're seeking a VP, Assistant General Counsel to join our legal team. Under direction of Adaptive’s General Counsel, will lead and manage transactions in support of the clinical laboratory, diagnostics, and research commercial teams, ensuring compliance with various regulatory requirements such as CLIA, GDPR, HIPPA, FDA, Medicare Fraud and Abuse, and the Stark Law. This role will draft, negotiate, manage and advise senior management on commercial, intellectual property, technology, collaborations, research and supply transactions in support of Adaptive’s business objectives. In addition, the successful candidate will support the build-out of improved internal corporate systems and processes, working with other stakeholders in Adaptive’s internal finance, compliance and technical groups.
This position requires strong legal expertise in clinical laboratory and/or diagnostics, and research contractual arrangements, keen intelligence, organizational skills, collaborative habits, a hearty work ethic, and excellent judgment. This position is based in Seattle, WA and reports to the General Counsel.
- Provide transactional legal support for diagnostic, research, and therapeutic transactions with significant intellectual property, data and/or technology components, including research agreements, development agreements, collaborations, license agreements (including patent license agreements), and occasional capital transactions.
- Be the steward of the legal aspects of key collaborative relationships by drafting and negotiating all relevant agreements.
- Provide advice to senior management on intellectual property and technology transactions issues, including matters related to licenses, ownership, compliance, risk allocation, and payment provisions.
- Identify and study industry deals/agreements in support of Company transactions.
- Track and report on developments in legislation and case law related tothe Company’s business.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships across the Company, including research, diagnostics, and therapeutic organizations.
- Provide high-quality, cost-effective legal support to the Company contributing to the achievement of the Company's goals and objectives.
- Support the development of scalable legal and corporate processes to support department and Company operations from a legal perspective.
- All other duties as assigned.