ARE YOU ADAPTIVE? We’re driving groundbreaking research in cancer and other immune-mediated diseases that translates into novel clinical diagnostics and innovative therapeutics. We are at the forefront of immune-based discoveries, transforming the future state of health through our disruptive, proprietary immunosequencing technology. With strong financial footing and rapid growth, we are looking for the brightest, most passionate and collaborative innovators to join us.
At Adaptive, you'll be challenged, you'll be inspired, and you'll be proud to be part of an innovative organization making a real impact on improving the quality of life globally. No matter what your role is, you'll find a diverse, team-driven, fun culture where your contributions truly count. #BeingAdaptive
The manager of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) will establish, develop, and carry out the day to day operations of EH&S. This position will also work to support other compliance initiatives related to the CLIA laboratory operations. This is an excellent opportunity to make a significant contribution to our growing company.
- Author and manage EH&S procedures
- Develop appropriate EH&S performance metrics, maintain data, and report issues to Adaptive senior management to enable good decision-making and to drive continuous improvement of the EH&S processes
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and safety assessments to support EHS management
- Develop and manage EH&S Training and Orientation Programs for new employees
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws, regulations and prepare EH&S reports as necessary
- Maintain relevant EH&S logs and documentation including Chemical Hygiene Plan, Chemical and Reagent Inventory Logs
- Conduct Chemical Hazard Assessments for new reagents and update related documents, as appropriate
- Conduct periodic Safety Data Sheet (SDS) review and ensure alignment with internal documentation and practices. Ensure SDSs are available for Adaptive-manufactured reagents
- Ensure and perform detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis
- Promote incident and accident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors
- Ensure all chemicals and reagents are labelled per Global Harmonized System and OSHA requirements
- Comply with all Adaptive Biotechnologies procedures and policies and EH&S regulations
EH&S Facility Specific Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance and recommendations on EH&S issues to facility management
- Write, implement, and manage EH&S programs, policies and procedures, and software
- Establish EH&S presence: perform facility EH&S inspections, oversee behavior based/observation safety programs, help develop Job Hazard Analyses (JHA), oversee safety incentive programs
- Evaluate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and ensure proper use and maintenance
- Have knowledge and enforce compliance of US and International Regulatory requirements (i.e. OSHA, WISHA, EPA, King County, Seattle, etc.), including company EH&S policies and procedures
- Oversee Hazardous Waste Storage area and ensure regulatory agency compliance i.e. labeling, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc.
- Establish and oversee emergency response program and provision of first aid treatment.
- Maintain in-house safety response equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, earthquake hardware) and posted evacuation routes
- Assist in administering and maintaining compliance programs such as Hazard Communication, Ergonomics, Bloodborne Pathogens, Hazardous Waste, Hearing Conservation, etc.
General Compliance Support for CLIA Laboratory Operations
- Assist with general compliance activities that support the CLIA laboratory operation including, but not limited to:
- Ensure employee training and competency is scheduled and completed per requirements
- Ensure new employees have required documentation on file, and that periodic review is conducted
- Manage continuing education activities for laboratory operations personnel
- Conduct risk assessments and root cause analyses for deviations
- Ensure follow through on corrective actions
- Manage initiatives that support continuous improvement
- Perform other work and projects as assigned